Halloween is an exciting time of year! My kids look forward to dressing up, scaring each other, and trick or treating with their friends! For parents it can be a little scary- strangers, dangerous candy, and trick or treating in the dark! I have a few safety tips for this Halloween to make it the best one EVER!
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
• Instruct their children not to open their candy until they return home.
• Inspect all candy for tampering before allowing them to start eating.
• Accept only wrapped and packaged candy.
• Do not eat candy that has been unwrapped or opened.
• Never eat fruit or other unwrapped items.
• Prevent a tummy ache by limiting 2- 3 small pieces of candy at a time.
• Throw away any candy or food that is not wrapped tightly by the candy
• If you should find an object in the candy or find anything unusual about it,
call the police department and Poison Control 1-800-222-1222.
• Consider throwing a Halloween party for your child and his or her friends
instead of extended trick-or-treating.
• Do not give homemade or unwrapped treats to children.
• Remember, some children have to follow certain dietary restrictions which
prohibit them from eating the traditional treats we offer on Halloween.
When in doubt, throw it out!
Halloween Candy: Bite Into These Safety Tips
• Avoid giving choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys
as treats to young children.
• Children shouldn't snack while they're trick-or-treating. Parents should check
treats at home. Give children an early meal before they head out to discourage
• Watch for signs of tampering, such as small pinholes in wrappers and torn or
• Inspect all candy for safety before children eat it.
• Accept and give out candy that isn't easily unwrapped. Candies such as Tootsie
Rolls, hard candies and certain bubble gums with twist-type wrappings can be
tampered with more easily than those that are sealed.
• When in doubt, throw it out. I ho-pe this makes everyone's Halloween is the best ever!
Author:Lauri Walker Phone: 936-447-0398 Dated: October 1st 2014 Views: 755 About Lauri: ...
Thanks to Postcards Magizine and Ruth Fields for this great feature on
""Kristina was an excellent realtor, She worked tirelessly to make sure that any and all questions were answered quickly and that I was always fully aware of what was taking place during the process. I would definitely recommend her to anyone I knew that was looking to buy or sell a home."