Halloween is an exciting time of year! My kids look forward to dressing up, scaring each other, and trick or treating with their friends! For parents it can be a little scary- strangers, dangerous candy, and trick or treating in the dark! I have a few safety tips for this Halloween to make it the best one EVER!
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
• Instruct their children not to open their candy until they return home.
• Inspect all candy for tampering before allowing them to start eating.
• Accept only wrapped and packaged candy.
• Do not eat candy that has been unwrapped or opened.
• Never eat fruit or other unwrapped items.
• Prevent a tummy ache by limiting 2- 3 small pieces of candy at a time.
• Throw away any candy or food that is not wrapped tightly by the candy
• If you should find an object in the candy or find anything unusual about it,
call the police department and Poison Control 1-800-222-1222.
• Consider throwing a Halloween party for your child and his or her friends
instead of extended trick-or-treating.
• Do not give homemade or unwrapped treats to children.
• Remember, some children have to follow certain dietary restrictions which
prohibit them from eating the traditional treats we offer on Halloween.
When in doubt, throw it out!
Halloween Candy: Bite Into These Safety Tips
• Avoid giving choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys
as treats to young children.
• Children shouldn't snack while they're trick-or-treating. Parents should check
treats at home. Give children an early meal before they head out to discourage
• Watch for signs of tampering, such as small pinholes in wrappers and torn or
• Inspect all candy for safety before children eat it.
• Accept and give out candy that isn't easily unwrapped. Candies such as Tootsie
Rolls, hard candies and certain bubble gums with twist-type wrappings can be
tampered with more easily than those that are sealed.
• When in doubt, throw it out. I ho-pe this makes everyone's Halloween is the best ever!
Author:Lauri Walker Phone: 936-447-0398 Dated: October 1st 2014 Views: 757 About Lauri: ...