5 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW TO GET YOUR HOME READY FOR THE SPRING MARKET:
1. Spring-clean your home. Think boutique hotel or model home....taking the time to do a deep cleaning on your home will pay off (and will make it really nice for you to live there in the meantime!)
Some things that people sometimes miss that buyers notice immediately:
- Clean your windows
- Consider a fresh coat of paint
- Clean or apply new grout in your ceramic tile
- Have your carpets cleaned
- Replace the furnace filter
2. Spruce up your landscaping.For photos, showings, and open house events you will want the yard to look easy to maintain and appealing.
- Mow the lawn
- Get the sprinkler system going (your buyers will want it in working condition, anyway)
- Plant some new annuals
- Trim bushes and trees
- Lay down some fresh mulch
- Replace the welcome mat
- Paint the front door a bright color
- Paint the mailbox if needed
- Don't forget about the backyard! Tidy it up, power-wash the deck or patio and re-paint the patio furniture if needed.
3. Start packing. You're going to move, so this is a great time to get a head-start on filling some moving boxes.
- Pack your winter clothes away so closets have more space
- Sell or donate any furniture that you don't want to move
- Pack your cherished personal and valuable items and store them until you move
- Stage shelves and cupboards
4. Incorporate fresh colors. It's OK to be a little bold with color, beige is so 2010!
- Buy new bedding and pillows that you will enjoy in your new house too
- Replace heavy drapes with light curtains
- Add some pops of color by painting some older furniture, or bring in some fun new accessories or art
- Replace towels, shower curtains and bath rugs
5. Do all of the odd little (or big) repairs you've been putting off.
- Check for leaky faucets and pipes
- Tighten handrails
- Replace burnt-out lightbulbs
- Repair or replace torn window screens
- Install window well covers if needed
One last tip...Don't hike up the sale price when you list. The market will always determine the price. Statistically, if you price your home for what it's actually worth, it will sell faster and for more money.
Author:Kristina Davidson Phone: 936-672-2626 Dated: May 27th 2016 Views: 531 About Kristina: A thirst for challenge, a perpetual desire for growth, an investment in life-long learning and a com...
The annual Easter Egg Hunt and Vendor Market is this weekend, April 15
""This was mine and my husband first house to purchase. Kristina explained anything that we did not understand and made this as enjoyable of a process as it could be. Thanks to her we are now homeowners." "