Pinterest is a popular, image-based social media site that allows you to create boards dedicated to your interests and hobbies. It can also be used to plan meals, workouts, home renovations, special events, and much more. Here are five ways to use Pinterest to make your life easier.
1. Plan events. Whether you're planning your wedding, your child's birthday party, or a summer barbecue, Pinterest offers a wealth of ideas to help you host a party that your guests are sure to remember. Create a board for your event and pin games to play, food to serve, festive themes and much more.
2. Plan your family's meals for the week. Pinterest is a great place to find new recipes as well as new twists on old favorites. Nurture healthy eating by creating a Pinterest board of your meals for the week. Fill it with healthy alternatives to your family's favorites, as well as snacks, smoothies, salads, etc.
3. Get design inspiration for a home renovation. In addition to scouring design magazines for design tips and inspiration, head over to Pinterest to find ideas to remodel your kitchen, turn your basement into a man cave or give your home decor a modern twist. Additionally, Houzz features tons of Ideabooks full of inspiration. Create your own Ideabook and save design photos or bookmark articles to a reference at a later date.
4. Find workout tips and inspiration. If you're looking for a new fitness routine, health tips or just need a bit of motivation to workout, head to the Pins. Pinterest has divided its health and fitness section into several subcategories including Yoga, men's fitness, and running that is geared toward the interests of pinners. Plan your workouts for the week and find new mantras to get you moving.
5. Look for a DIY project. Pinterest is the DIY-lover's dream. Want to refurbish a dresser or cabinet you found at a yard sale, or have the urge to create a chair from a shipping pallet? See how other pinners have painted and improved similar furniture. Additionally, Houzz features articles that include tips to guide you through a DIY project.
-Info taken from Buffini & Company, August Mailout
Utilizing Pinterest to find a home is also a new trend. Take a gander, your dream home might just be on the market!
Author:Lauren Dauzat Phone: 832-573-3610 Dated: July 22nd 2015 Views: 1,157 About Lauren: After completing her Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, with a Minor in Art, at Stephen F. Aust...